Friday, August 8, 2008

Picking Blueberries

Last week on our trip to North Carolina we went blueberry picking at our favorite "pick-your-own" farm. The blueberries were big and fantastic, and I had lots of great helpers.
The kids had so much fun picking, especially since their cousins Erika and Lauren came along. Here is Ben and Lauren.


Kate loved picking the berries. We were all reminded of when she was a baby of about 8 months and we came here. She was in a front pack and figured out pretty quick how to pluck off the berries and pop them into her mouth. She ate a ton of blueberries that day. I kept trying to stop her, and even tried picking sideways, but she could always get her little hand around to grab some berries.


Here's the whole crew with pretty full buckets.


The best part of all of this was what a great deal it was...only $12.27 for all these berries! Can you believe it? How much do you think that many berries would cost where you live? Any guesses on here in Maryland? I'm guessing at least $30.


3 comments:

Allison said...

I am sorry I missed you too. Those blueberries look so good. Where do you go? I don't know the places around here.

Rebecca said...

I want to know where you go too!

Elaine said...

The pick-your-own blueberry patch is off exit 49. Take Exit 49 and go straight through the light to Judson Church Rd. Follow that road for a mile or two until it t's at Sunnyside School road. Turn right and follow until it merges with another road (I can't remember that one's name). Go less than a mile and the farm is on the right with a big handpainted sign. You have to follow the tire tracks back behind a house and the bushes are back there. Katherine gave me directions, so if these are confusing, ask her. Good luck!