"Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you." President Harold B. Lee
Friday, July 25, 2008
Hit the Road Jack
In the last week and a half I have driven from Maryland to New York, New York to Vermont, back to Maryland and then on to North Carolina. Not just as a passenger, either. I have driven all that way as the driver. This is kind of a big deal for me since on trips David typically drives and I get to sleep. Or kick back and listen to music with my feet up on the dash. Or most often, pass back snacks and try to break up fights from the back seats. But this time I was the driver. On our trip to New England we took two cars since we had extra family visiting. We caravanned (is that a word?) up and down the East Coast and all throughout New England with walkie talkies in hand. (Pictures of all the fun we had to come soon.) And then today I drove to North Carolina to visit family. I sang along with the Wicked soundtrack to stay awake and still had to pass back snacks and be the driver. It does get complicated...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a great trip, I can't wait to see pictures! It does get exhausting driving the whole way and managing the kids, I know, I did it from CT to SC & I was WIPED OUT!
talk about multi-tasking! nice job! I am not surprised! you are super-mom! cute picture on the top of your blog. :)
Its been so fun having you here to visit in NC! Thanks for hanging out with us. We love having you on the East Coast. Oh,by the way Mr. Midnight Cockroach says "Hi"
Post a Comment