Saturday, July 12, 2008

Great Falls


This is our last full summer in DC, so, if you haven't noticed, we have been trying to take advantage of all the wonderful things this area has to offer. A few weeks ago I made a list a page and a half long of all the things I want to do before we move. So these couple weeks since Suzy has been visiting, we have been checking them off. One of the places we wanted to go was Great Falls. We actually went a couple of months ago, but as we drove there it started pouring, so when we got to Great Falls, I didn't take the camera out of the car. The rain cleared up as we hiked to the falls, and it actually ended up being really great. However, I had no pictures to document it. So we went back again last week, this time with Suzy. We ate our picnic and then hiked to the falls. It was beautiful!


The kids had fun playing on all the big rocks.

1 comment:

Katherine Eanes said...

Okay, now I feel better! I have been thinking to myself, wow, I'm just a terribly mom, I don't go on near the number of trips y'all take, I'm depriving my children. Now I understand your motivation to see all the sights as fast as you can! Do you know where you're going next and exactly when? You sounded pretty definite in your blog!