Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sweet Seven

Kate had a birthday this week and turned a big seven years old.  She wondered if this was the year that she was going to be able to blow out her candles in one breath.  She eyed the cake...

 and tried to psych herself up for it. 
 I can do it.
 Make a wish.
 First try
 I got some
 I guess I'll give it another blow...deep breath...
 Blow!
 Third time's a charm. 
 The birthday girl opened a few presents. 

She was super excited about her new pink watch.

 and her new Nintendo DS. 
Happy Birthday Kate!  We love our sweet Kate!

Seven things I love about Kate:

1.  Kate is so friendly.  She makes friends easily and is a good friend.  She can play with kids much older or younger than her and make them feel at ease.

2.  Kate has an eye for fashion.  She loves to pick out coordinating outfits and is all about accessories.  It is very fun to see what she comes up with.

3.  Kate is a good big sister.  She plays with William and takes care of him and even changes his diapers (something some of her older siblings refuse to do).

4.  Kate is dependable.  If she says she is going to do something, she does it.  She always remembers all the things on my shopping list for me and makes sure we get them all.  She practices her piano most every day without being reminded.

5.  Kate is happy.  She sings songs around the house and usually has a smile on her face.

6.  Kate is musical.  She recently sang a solo in church and did great.

7.  Kate is a performer.  She loves to dance, sing, or be in plays--anything that can get her on stage. 

We love Kate and are so glad she's in our family!

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday Kate!! I don't know how she got to be 7 already. What a sweetheart!

Michelle said...

nice camera skills on the blowing out the candles! impressive! :)