1. I finally learned to make pickled beets. I had a half of a row of beets left in the garden and this is how much we got:
three quarts.
But I'm very proud of those three quarts. Aren't they beautiful?
2. I signed up for my first 10k. Ben is going to run it with me on Thanksgiving. He thinks he is going to have to drag me along. He may.
3. William has recently started playing with little figurines. He loves all the ones we have--animals, care bears, mickey mouse, Barney, etc. He often puts them all in the school bus and drives them around. He especially loves to play with all the army men. He sets them up in my bathtub and the nearby window while I get ready in the morning. I love finding these little guys in the windowsill!
4. There is always lots of homework going on around here. William often sits up to the table or counter and does "homework" too--especially if he gets to sit by Ben. He will sit and color or draw for a suprisingly long time. 5. Sarah is taking a digital photography class this semester and so we often find her taking pictures around the house. She's learned that getting a two-year-old subject to cooperate can be tricky.
6. Sarah got her hair cut. It's pretty short but we both love it! She also started her own blog this week. 7. We are getting super excited for an upcoming once-in-a-lifetime trip. I can't stop talking about it to everyone I know. If you don't know where we are going, stay tuned.






3 comments:
We are so excited - and jealous - for you to go!! We had planned on going in the spring (just Nathan and I), but now we are getting hesitant. You'll have to call me when you get home and tell me how wonderful and amazing it was. Our question is - shouldn't we wait and do it with our kids when they are a little older (like yours). Even though it would be really great to go while Steven is there ... so I'll appreciate your advice.
We are so excited - and jealous - for you to go!! We had planned on going in the spring (just Nathan and I), but now we are getting hesitant. You'll have to call me when you get home and tell me how wonderful and amazing it was. Our question is - shouldn't we wait and do it with our kids when they are a little older (like yours). Even though it would be really great to go while Steven is there ... so I'll appreciate your advice.
Nice work on doing the 10K. I ran a 5k with Abby this year and it was great--we're not ready for a 10K anytime soon. Found your blog from my mom's facebook page. You are amazing. Love, Michelle Antonich
Post a Comment