Ben the Ninja
Kate as Minnie Mouse
and William the Monkey
I am a co-room parent for Kate's class this year, so I helped to plan the Halloween Party. It turned out fun and Kate had a great time helping William do all the activities. Here they are making spiders from tracing their fingers.
I threw on an Indian costume for the day.
Here they are making ghost lollipops. Notice Kate's teacher dressed up as Minnie Mouse in the background. Kate adores her teacher and thought it was so fun that they were dressed the same for the day.
I took a group photo of Kate's class, but it was hard to get them all looking at the camera at the same time.
After school, and a violin lesson, we went downtown to the local festivities. We met some friends and trick-or-treated with them. It was lots of fun!
In our family, once the kids turn 12, they don't go trick-or-treating. However, they are always welcome to dress up and join in the fun. Rachel is 12 now, so she couldn't technically trick-or-treat. This year, she dressed up like a Safari girl and took William around (which I loved, since he is getting really heavy to carry). They were a cute pair! And it worked out well for both of them, since William didn't need all that candy anyway.
One of the advantages of living close to the ocean is the cool wildlife we get to see. Since it was a nice day the local HarborWatch group was down on the harbor with creatures the diver pulled out for all the trick-or-treaters to examine. We saw, and got to touch, this huge starfish, along with a sea cucumber, giant sunstar, and a crab.
Happy Halloween!
Later, after dinner, the kids trick-or-treated in our neighborhood as well. It was fun to visit with all the neighbors.











No comments:
Post a Comment