Saturday, November 26, 2011

Kate's Birthday Party

This year for Kate's birthday party she wanted a Hawaiin Party.  She invited lots of cute friends and we had a great time.  They are a really sweet group of girls!  Some Kate knows from our neighborhood, some from Kate's school last year, some from her school this year, and some from church.   

As the girls arrived, we made leis out of yarn, cup cake liners, noodles, beads, and pieces of straws.  Then we sat down for lunch.
(Don't you love how the kids helped me decorate and got a balloon in one corner, but not the other...) 
 We had lunch of finger sandwiches, croissants, fruit kabobs, and cheese and crackers. 
After lunch, the kids donned hula skirts and we had a hula lesson.  I even downloaded the Hukilau song for the occasion. (I'm so glad that nobody else was there to witness my terrible attempts at teaching the kids hula.  Good thing they are young enough to not really know the difference...It was hillarious!)

Aren't they adorable?
 We had the limbo
and hula hooping contests.  One of the best games was a beach attire relay where the girls were in two teams and they had to run across the room, put on various articles of beach clothing and accessories and run back, tag the next person, then run back and take them all off before the next person put them on again.  I had them put on a couple of my old swimming suits, beach hats, flip flops, sunglasses, and a beach towel. 

 I love how all the girls gathered so close around Kate while she opened her presents. 


This was absolutely the easiest cake I've ever made for a birthday party.  I opted for this one over a much more complicated beach scene cake we found on the family fun website.  It was a wise choice. 

Hopefully more wishes will come true. 

And then I breathed a sigh of relief...another party done. 

No comments: