Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Flute Lesson Walks

Sarah started flute lessons a few months ago.  Although she has played the flute for 4 years, she has only played in the school bands and has never had private lessons.  She really wanted to improve and take her playing to the next level, so we were able to find her a private teacher to give her weekly lessons.  Since her teacher lives quite a distance away, William and I wait there during her lesson.  So far, we've had nice weather every lesson day and have been able to go on our weekly walk around this beautiful neighborhood. 
William loves running around and exploring. 

The view is amazing. 
William likes looking for the boats and barges out in the water. 



 and climbing over walls. 

 I like looking at all the beautiful and unusual homes in the neighborhood.  Look at that cool front door,

and this neat staircase.


 I adore this red bench!
I've loved this uninterupted time to be with William each week.  I love seeing him explore the world.  One week he spent about 10 minutes playing with a helicopter leaf--throwing it in the air and watching it twirl down over and over.  Each rock is amazing discovery.  The world is so new and exciting to him, with so much to explore.  It is amazing to rediscover the wonders of nature with the eyes of a child. 


And it is a beautiful world.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

So true. I love this.