Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day!

Up until today, these were the only snowflakes seen around here.


But this morning, we woke up to the real stuff! Of course, school was cancelled and we had a great time playing in the snow! It continued snowing for much of the day, and all in all we have about 5 inches on the ground.



This morning we played in our yard, then later this afternoon, we went sledding.

Ben was all about the snowballs. Here he is getting ready to throw one. I love the tongue out and look of concentration.



Kate was one of the recipients of Ben's snowballs.



The snow wasn't wet enough to make a good snowman, but Rachel had to make one anyway. It is about a foot tall at the base of a tree in our yard.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Great pictures! And I love the snowman...too cute!

Rachel and Nathan Fisher said...

Elaine-

I think that you are right about it being a Harper thing - I remember my Dad doing the same thing.

We really would love to get down to see you - and some other friends in the D.C. area. We were thinking about coming for Memorial Day weekend - will you be around?

Do you know yet when you are moving?

Rachel