"Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you." President Harold B. Lee
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Blog to Book Part 2
Thanks to those of you who gave suggestions on turning my blog into a book. Just in case anyone is also trying to do this, here is what I've found: I've determined that both Blog2Print and Scrapbookblogger.com will download from blogger. Scrapbookblogger has better layouts and is easier to rearrange photos, edit text, etc. Blog2Print was very cumbersome to work with, and both are pretty pricey (at least $60 for posts from 2008). However, I still don't think I'm going to do it. Because each post has a different amount of pictures, they don't always fit with the text on the correct pages in their predesigned layouts and there ends up being a lot of wasted space. Also, the pictures don't always fit into their sizes and I got a lot of !!! error messages telling me my photos were low resolution and they weren't going to print well. I guess if I am going to spend a lot of money on a book, I want it to look good. So, my plan for now is to continue to print off my photos and scrapbook them. At least I can print the text from my blog posts to use as journaling on my scrapbook pages. Please let me know if anyone finds something better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That stinks. I don't know of anything better... except that I may just enter pages one at a time into blogger.com. I don't think I want to spend the money to print from those other sites. I probably have twice as many 2008 posts as you do. How frustrating.
feel free to check out great scrapbooking product from Close to My Heart through my blog.
Blurb.com is actually a great alternative to your other choices. Blurb "slurps" up your blog and for maybe $50 you can print out a hard bound, 150 pg. book,with dust cover and all. Lots of my friends have used it and love it!
Blurb.com is a great alternative to your other ideas. It "slurps" up your blog and you can print out a 150-200 page hard bound book, with dust cover and all, for around $50. Lots of my friends have used it and love it!
Post a Comment