Saturday, January 10, 2009

Blog to Book?

One of the main reasons I started a blog was to keep a record or a journal for our family. I had every intention of printing this at the end of each year so we could have a permanent record. I have not scrapbooked anything from this year in anticipation of having it all in a blog book. I was planning on using blurb.com to print this book. However, after spending the last hour downloading software and trying to make this work, I have discovered that blurb.com no longer supports blogger and will no longer accept uploads directly into their software. I'm so bummed. The only way I know is to cut and paste directly, but that will take forever. I'm not nearly as excited about blogging if I can't turn it into a book. Anyone have any suggestions?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

All I know is that if you can't figure it out, there's no hope for the rest of us lesser-minded folks.

Janelle said...

I was just looking at that site this week. I haven't tried it yet, but I was excited to try it in the future. Not if it doesn't work, though! Let me know if you find a way.

Rachelle said...

Please tell me your joking. That is half of my motivation as well. There are lots of other sites out there. We'll just have to find one that works with blogger. I will be looking since I was about ready to print mine as well. Keep me updated if you find something.

Rachelle said...

A place called blog2print may work. I haven't looked at it very much but it is compatible with blogger. Here's the link. www.blog2print.com

Rachel and Nathan Fisher said...

I know that a number of my friends have recently had their blogs made into books - I will ask them what company they used.
Rachel

Rachelle said...

Scrapbookblogger.com downloaded my pages. It looks a little more pricey.

Rebecca said...

I looked into bloggled.com a little. They will also back up your blog in case anything ever happens over at the blogger servers. Please let us know who you use!! I have been putting off having mine done for far too long!

Andrea said...

That's a GREAT header picture of the kids, I love it! Did you take it? I'm totally flattered you still have the pic I took up, but don't leave it up for me, I don't mind...it does look good with your new header picture though. We miss you guys :)