Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kids Inaugural Concert

Monday morning we were given four tickets to the Kids' Innaugural Concert at the Verizon Center in Washington DC held that evening. We were excited for an opportunity to attend SOMETHING for the inauguration since it was here so close to us. And this event seemed perfect since it did not require waiting for long periods of time outside in the cold. Also, this was an event to honor military families, so we were glad for the chance to go. We got a babysitter for Ben and Kate and took Sarah and Rachel with us to the concert. The girls aren't really into Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers, but decided it would be a great opportunity to say they had been there.
We had great seats--about 12 rows up to the left side of the stage.

Miley Cyrus was the first performer.She came out later and did a duet with her dad, Billy Ray Cyrus.

We had a great line of sight view of Michelle Obama and her girls and Jill Biden and her grandchildren.



Mrs. Obama and Mrs. Biden both spoke during the concert, which was broadcast live on the Disney Channel.



The Jonas Brothers were the final performers. We were sort of laughing at ourselves that we didn't know any of their songs, but it was still fun to be a part of the excitement. And actually, I had a great time taking pictures--I kept trying all sorts of different camera settings to deal with the terrible lighting. I think I finally got it right by the time the Jonas Brothers performed--their pictures turned out much better.



Rachel didn't really like all the noise (her favorite part was dessert afterward), but we all still had a great time. It was a really fun night! It's a lot of fun living in DC! Thanks Annette for the tickets!

6 comments:

Andrea, Mrs. said...

That's awe-some!

Michelle said...

how fun for your girls! what an exciting night out!

Becca said...

How fun! I think this will be something they remember for a long time!

Janelle said...

It looks like YOU and DAVID are having the most fun here. That's great you just took the two oldest. I need to do more separating the kids and making them each feel more important instead of lumping them all together to go places!

Allison said...

I love to see all the opportunities your family has by living in the DC area. I am a little jealous too, someday I hope we find ourselves somewhere like that too.

Andrea said...

Great pictures! I think you did better than I could have with that lighting. Your girls are so lucky to get to go to such a huge concert already....so fun!