Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Day Ambush

Christmas is all about the memories.  Making good memories and then reminiscing about them for years to come.

This year, we decided to make some memories.

We decided to ambush our friends.

With Nerf Guns.

On Christmas morning.

We planned it for weeks.

Several weeks ago, our friends, the Jones Family, told us about how they like to have family nerf wars on Christmas.  So David came up with the idea that we should ambush them.  At first, I said, no way.  Christmas is a family day, and it seemed horribly intrusive to go over to someone's house unannounced or uninvited.  So I decided to ask my friend Christy what she thought about it.  She told me that YES, we definitely should do it.  She promised she wouldn't tell the rest of her family.

And so the planning began.  We all got each other nerf guns for Christmas.   After we opened presents and had our traditional strawberry waffles for breakfast, we got dressed in camouflage gear. 

 We looked pretty awesome.  We were ready.  Our next door neighbor saw us as we were loading the car.  She looked at us like we were crazy.  We probably are.

 Here is our arsenal:

William insisted his new Captain America shield must come along.

I texted my friend and asked her, "Is now a good time to come?"  She gave us the go-ahead and told us to park on the street so we wouldn't be seen.  As we drove, David outlined our plan of attack on the way.  The kids responded with a "Yes Sir!"  Mostly we laughed and laughed.  The kids said, "Mom, I can't believe you are actually letting us do this."

We arrived, and Sarah helped William get ready.  Sarah insisted on bare feet.

I was ready for action. 
They saw us coming through their front window.  Evidently, they were gearing up for their own nerf wars, because it didn't take them long to counter our attack. 
They had nerf bows and arrows and even some flying monkey slingshots.  Keep in mind this is a family with five girls, and no boys. 



Ben had no mercy.
 David and Brooklynn dueled with the swords. 


 We love the Jones!  Merry Christmas to our good friends. 


Here is a link to a video that the Jones made for us.  I can't figure out how to actually include the video, but you might be able to make the link work.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9224011/HarpJo%20Battle%20of%202012%20-%20720p.mov

1 comment:

Tiana said...

ALright. It's official. You guys are just plain awesome. Love it. I know if Ches sees this post he will ask to do the same thing.