A few other Christmas happenings...
The Nutcracker
I got to take Rachel and Kate to the Nutcracker. Here we are, dressed and ready to go.
and Kate happy to pose inside the theater as well. The show was great and it was fun to see Kate's little friend dancing in the performance. Rachel's violin teacher played in the pit as well.
We started a new way to display Christmas cards this year. We have them going all around the molding and it is so great to be reminded of our amazing family and friends as we go in and out of the house.
I watched Kate and Ben perform in the school's cute Christmas program. Yes, they were both very under-dressed for the occasion. We were in Israel last Christmas, so we didn't go, and I didn't realize that all the kids dressed up in this school. So, yes, I am one of THOSE moms that let their kids go to school in not-so-nice clothes for their school Christmas program.
Kate loves performing and was happy to be front and center.
She even sang in this trio in front of the whole school and wasn't even nervous.
After her class sang and sat back down on the gym floor, I watched as all kids huddled around Kate. She is such a good friend, and others are often drawn to her.
The only reason Ben tolerated being in the performance was the knowledge that this was his last elementary school performance. Honestly, he hated every minute of it. He barely opened his mouth when he sang--unfortunately he was also front and center. That is what happens when you have short children.
Christmas Preparations
We had lots of present wrapping
and baking going on around here. David made 5 batches of his famous fudge. We gave lots of it away, but ate lots too. Here Sarah is making cookies for a cookie exchange she did with some of her friends.
It was a very full Christmas season, but I love the things we do that bring us together and remind us of the joy this season brings.





No comments:
Post a Comment