| Kate and William checking out the font before the baptism |
We were so happy to have Grandma and Grandpa Harper and Grandma Hales here for Kate's special day!
Grandma Hales played the piano for the baptism--she was busy playing prelude while we hurried and took some pictures before the service began. She got to have her special photo with Kate after the baptism.
Kate's very good friend Kira also got baptized at the same service. They were so excited to do this together!
Kira and her mom. We love these guys!
It was a lovely service. Kira's aunt gave a talk on baptism. David spoke on the Gift of the Holy Ghost. We had several musical numbers. Kira and Kate sang together the song, "When I am Baptized." Then, while the girls were changing, Sarah and Maya played a flute duet of "Tell Me the Stories of Jesus," Rachel, Leah and her cousin sang, "Lead, Kindly Light," and Sarah played "I am a Child of God" on the flute with Grandma Hales accompanying. It all turned out so nice.
While we were in the dressing room helping the girls change out of their wet clothes, they were so happy--literally bouncing with joy. It was so wonderful to be a part of it.
Kate was lucky enough to have several friends come to her baptism. Here were a few a I cajoled into posing for me.
Congratulations to Kate! I am so proud of her and the good choices she is making!






No comments:
Post a Comment