Last Saturday I took William and Kate to the local library to make gingerbread houses. They had a great time.
William, with a cheek full of candy, and his creation.
Kate and her creation.
Then we went over to the local toy store to visit with Santa Claus. He was so nice and talked to the kids for quite a while. Here he is commenting that William is three this year and getting so big.
and then talking with Kate.
He asked them each what they wanted for Christmas. I couldn't hear what Kate said, so I asked her later. She wouldn't tell me. She said she would just wait and see if Santa brought it to her. I guessed a few things and finally queried if she had asked for a puppy, and she told me yes, that is what she asked Santa for. "What did Santa say?' I asked. Kate responded, "Santa told me that live animals were hard to bring in the sleigh." Good answer, Santa.
William was pretty shy and wasn't talking a lot. He finally answered Santa by saying he wanted Bob. We were all confused by that. I finally realized what he was trying to say, and prompted him, "Do you mean you want a new Bob the Builder hammer?" He nodded his head. He has been asking for one for months after he broke his. [However, on a side note, unfortunately he liked to hammer other people with it, so it became a nightly inclusion to his prayers to help him not to hammer people. David pointed out that he wasn't sure his hammer breaking wasn't an answer to his prayers, and who are we to mess with divine providence by buying a new one?] Maybe Santa will come through for him.








No comments:
Post a Comment