Last week Kate was in a whirlwind production of the Tortoise and the Hare. Her school sponsored the Missoula Children's Theater, which brings two professionals into the school for a week to put on play. Missoula Children's Theater has been around for years, and they come into a school or community with all the costumes and sets, have auditions on Monday afternoon and put on the performance on Saturday. Then they travel to another community and do it all over again. They have it down to a science. I was in a Missoula Children's Theater production of Cinderella as a child and remember it being a lot of fun.
Kate was excited to audition. She ended up getting a part as a member of the Curly Hare Fane Club. This meant she had a really busy week with rehearsals after school all but one day. But since Kate loves to perform, it was all worth it.
She was so excited for the performances on Saturday. There were two shows. Kate performed well, and remembered all the words to her songs.
Our sweet friend got cast as the Tortoise.
I got a quick (but terrible) picture of the cast at the end of the show (William was on my lap for the whole show, so I had a hard time taking pictures)
and another quick (and terrible) picture of the Curly Hare Fan Club. The photo time was super short and I was surrounded by lots of parents all trying to get the same photo. Kate couldn't see where I was, so even though I snapped a few pictures, I couldn't get Kate to look at me and smile in any of them. (She's the 4th from the right on the back row)
Well done Kate! I'm glad she had this opportunity.




1 comment:
wow, I remember the first week you guys came to church, and Kate was in nursery! she's so grown up! miss you guys!
Post a Comment