Thursday, October 13, 2011

Football

On Saturday, I was finally able to go to part of Ben's football game.  This was his first home game and since we always have two other soccer games to go to, David has been taking Ben to his games and I've been taking the girls to their soccer games, which are always here in town.  (Ben is number 36, which I found to be critical information since they all look exactly alike with their helmets on.)
It was so fun to watch Ben play.  He is a starting split end and also plays on the kick-off team.  I think he even played some defense too.  But it was almost as fun to watch David as it was to watch Ben.  David LOVES football, and it gives him a lot of satisfaction to watch Ben play.  He told me he would sit by me on the bleachers since I was there, but confessed he usually just paces up and down the sidelines and cheers for Ben really loud.  I love it!

 Supporting his team and waiting for his turn.

One day I asked Ben if he was making friends with kids on his football team.  He said they don't really have much time to talk or play, that mostly he just gets to know them "by how hard they hit."  Nice.
 Go Ben!

No comments: