Ben also had his house concert this week. This is where they play, from memory, all the songs they have learned this year in their level. We had a few friends over, Ben played his eleven songs very beautifully, and the we had ice cream sundaes. He got a trophy for completing his level.
Last weekend was the primary talent show. I was in charge of the actual talent portion (not refreshments, decorations, etc.) and kept this responsibility even though I was released (it seemed mean to dump the entire thing on a brand new presidency--and they still wanted me to do it). It was a really fun night and turned out even better than I expected. We had lots of children participate. Kate and Ben both played the piano, but the camera battery died after Kate played. I had Sarah take pictures, since I was up on stage coordinating the children and announcing the acts.
It was funny because Kate was so excited to perform, but not that excited to practice. I got her to practice by pretending it was the real thing and announcing her name and clapping every time. She is such a performer!
Kate got another chance to perform during her ballet recital this week. Here she is getting her make-up done before the show.
Her cute friend came with us to see the show.
Here they are warming up and getting ready for the show.
Kate is so excited!
She had a lot of fun doing dance this year, but mostly had fun getting to perform!












No comments:
Post a Comment