After a year and a half of serving as primary president, I got released a couple of weeks ago. David got called to be the Elder's Quorum President, which means he gets to start going to ward council. In order to prevent church service from becoming too big of a burden for our family, they released me so that I can be home with the kids while David goes to ward council. Being released was a little bit of a surprise, since I was in a good groove with primary and felt like things were going well, and I really hadn't been doing it all that long. I loved working with three other wonderful women in my presidency and we had a lot of great things planned. But, I suppose that is how it works--just when you are feeling comfortable, it is time for a change. So, it is on to something new...
My new calling: Cub Scouts. I get to be Ben's bear leader! I'm very excited! We already have lots of fun activities and field trips planned. I think it is going to be a lot of fun.
Just a side note--I do think it is interesting that I was allowed to be primary president with NO husband around, but not with a busy husband. Hmmm....interesting.
2 comments:
Isn't it funny how that works sometimes! When I was called to be Stake YW President they released Nate from being Elders Quorum President and made him a counselor in the ward YM Presidency. Theoretically, it should have made us collectively less busy, but it would have been much easier for us to juggle if he had stayed where he was. He ended up with even more meetings, and there were more events that we were both supposed to be at. Oh well. It all worked out great and at the end of the day you serve wherever you are called, right!
Congratulations - you'll be great in cubscouts. Nate and I have been Sam's primary teachers and bear leaders for the last year and it has been fun. Ben is a lucky boy!
Sounds like a fun new calling, I always find it interesting what they can consider too much sometimes. Oh well, we serve where we are asked to. Enjoy cub scouts!
Post a Comment