

We kept checking for other places to stay, but there weren't any cabins available at Bellows Beach to rent or any rooms at Hickam AFB. We checked several hotels, but we would have had to get two rooms since we don't all fit in one room anymore, and that gets pretty pricey. David eventually found us a house to rent near the beach in Kailoa. Evidently the owners of the house had been planning to come that week, but didn't make it, so it became available. However, they were wary of us wanting to rent it starting that night (I mean, really, who comes to Hawaii without a place reserved to stay), so they made us pay cash. This meant we had to find a bank to make a withdrawal, since we couldn't withdraw that much money from an ATM. So while I stayed with the kids at the pool and beach (tough job, I know)
David went and found a bank and got out the cash for our beach house. We drove to Kailua in terrible Friday afternoon traffic, but eventually checked into our house and it was fantastic! Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and huge kitchen and living area and amazing yard with all sorts of beautiful plants and flowers. It was our home away from home for the next five nights.



After we checked in, we drove around the area a bit, and found the beach and grocery store and bought some food for the next few days. We went back to the house and had dinner and watched the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics and went to bed early since we were still on Washington time. Of course, everyone was up super early too, so we decided to go to Kailua beach and watch the sun rise. It was a beautiful morning. However, there were a few low clouds, so we couldn’t' see the sun come up over the horizon, but it was still lovely to be out on the beach at sunrise.






3 comments:
Beautiful. I'm looking out my window at snow melting into mud. It's much nicer to look at Hawaii on your blog instead.
Wow! What a wonderful family adventure. I love the picture below of William--you're sure getting good with that camera!
seriously what an amazing trip! I am so jealous!
Post a Comment