Saturday, November 8, 2008

Soccer Farewell

Today the kids had their last soccer games of the season. They all improved so much these last few months; it has been so much fun to watch. Team sports teach so many life lessons--I'm glad they are getting these good experiences.

I love watching Rachel play soccer. She is often very reserved, so I love seeing her get out there and really get into the game. I was observing practice one day and the coach actually had to tell her to watch her elbows, since she was being a little too aggressive. That never happens with her!


This was Sarah's first season of soccer since she was 5. She had two practices plus a game each week, so it was a big commitment, but she really gave it her all and improved so much. The other girls on her team kept commenting that they couldn't believe she hadn't played all these years. It really helped her self esteem!Ben is a natural athlete and loves anything with a ball. Soccer is no exception. He played hard and loved every minute of it, and can't wait for the next season to begin. Good thing he starts basketball in a few weeks...

No comments: