"Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you." President Harold B. Lee
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
I Voted!
I voted today. I know my vote probably won't make a lot of difference in the very blue state in which I live. But as I walked over to the middle school where I voted today, I reflected on what a great country we live in. How wonderful it is that I could stand in a little booth and give voice to my opinion. I voted against allowing gambling into this state. I voted for the man I think will do the best to lead our country. I don't know yet who will win. But just the act of voting was a privilege--one that was fought hard for by many women, not too many years ago. I'm grateful for those who have stood before me to allow me this freedom, and for those who have fought--and still fight--to guarantee that I will always be able to vote.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
well said Elaine~ I've got chills:)
Post a Comment