On Tuesday, Kate had to get her front tooth pulled out. I took her to the dentist a few weeks ago for her regular cleaning and check-up and the dentist noticed that her front tooth was turning slightly grey. (I had noticed it too, but was in denial). After doing an x-ray, he discovered that she had an abscess over her front tooth from some unknown trauma, which was causing the tooth to die. After a long chat with the dentist, and my next-door neighbor, who is also a dentist, it was determined that the tooth needed to come out. So in we went on Tuesday to get it pulled.


Kate was so brave! She jumped right in the chair and didn't even flinch when they gave her the shot.
Here's her cute toothless smile. She'll have this for a few weeks until we go back to the dentist to have her fake tooth put in. -----------------------------
I already got my Christmas cards ordered and delivered here. Yay! I love it that one thing is already done for the holidays and it is still a week before Thanksgiving. Now if I only knew what to buy for some of those challenging people on my Christmas list....
------------------------------
All the kids have taken turns being sick these last couple weeks, so we've had a few days home from school. 'Tis the season, I guess. Rachel's cough got so bad she developed pleurisy, which is the irritation of the lining of the lung from coughing so much. She has been in a lot of pain, but finally seems to be on the mend, thanks to a few days solid of sucking on cough drops.
-------------------------------
Sarah is obsessed with glue dots. You know, the sticky little premade dots you can get at the craft store. She's decided they fix everything. Just this week she used a glue dot to stick the tip of a broken crayon back on--and then she colored with it. She also used a glue dot to mend her tooth, which had gotten broken in two pieces before she had a chance to put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy. Who knew glue dots were so useful?
-------------------------------
I've been increasing the distance of my runs lately. This last weekend I ran nearly 6 miles for the first time in my life! It felt so great!
--------------------------------
Tonight we had all the young men in the ward over to watch the BYU vs. Utah football game. It was lots of fun--too bad the Cougars couldn't pull out the victory.
4 comments:
Kate is so cute and SO brave! I am so impressed with her! The glue dot thing is hilarious! and I didn't know you were a runner! Way to make me jealous! Nice job on the 6 miles! That's a 10K! (That's what I used to run)...but let's say...well, it's been a while!
Yes, *sigh*, the BYU/Utah game. We won't talk about it. Sad.
Hi Elaine,
Mary loved her letter from Kate today. She's already drawn her a picture to send back!
So fun to hear what everyone is up to. Mary had to have a tooth pulled as well - but she wasn't nearly as brave (actually she was quite the opposite). That's what we got for not flossing those molars.
I'll have to look into those glue dots. Sounds like a great gift idea. We were pretty sad about those cougars as well. Maybe next year????
Becky
You guys have been busy! We had a few of those sick days lately too and I got sooooo much done in my house too. I'm glad everyone is feeling better now.
Post a Comment