Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kate's Birthday Party

For her 4th birthday, Kate had a cute princess party with the girls from her preschool class.

They came dressed in their favorite princess clothes and they all looked fabulous! Kate kept changing her mind about what she was going to wear, and put her outfit together at the very last minute.
We had lunch, played Pin the Crown on the Princess and had the girls decorate wands. Afterwards we turned on princess music and they all danced with their wands. Watching them dance was so sweet! I think this was their favorite part of the party!


Kate wanted a princess cake for her party. I was originally going to make the crown cake from Family Fun, but Kate really liked the princess cake instead. These doll cakes are always fun to make.Kate tried several times, but eventually needed help blowing out the candles!

The girls were so excited to have Kate open their presents--they all gathered around and I could barely get a picture!

Later that evening we opened presents as a family. Grandma and Grandpa Hales sent Kate this adorable pink dress up dress and really wanted to see Kate open it. Since they live far away, I promised to take pictures. These are for Grandma:



Kate loves this pink dress and wears it all the time (here she has it over her nightgown right before bed--she wore it right up until the last minute on her birthday). She was thrilled to match her new ballerina Barbie.

4 comments:

Mike said...

I can't believe she's 4!! Time is flyin' past us. You (Elaine) haven't aged a bit, however. Adorable daughter!

Michelle said...

those are such fun pictures! Happy Birthday to sweet little Kate! I love the decorating wands idea. Very cute! the cake is also adorable!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

No way! I was going to have a princess party for my next birthday! Mark was going to wear Sleeping Beauty and I was going to wear Cinderella. Dang!

Andrea said...

Soooo cute! I love princess parties....well done Elaine! You looked beautiful Kate! Elaine, if it's okay, I'm stealing your idea for the anniversary post (Bremen doesn't want anything too sappy, I don't blame him, haha)