Sunday, October 12, 2008

Animal Kingdom

We had a fantastic vacation! I'm so glad we went when our kids were young enough to still enjoy the "magic" of Disney. We last went to Disneyworld 3 1/2 years ago when Kate was 4 months old and Sarah was nearly 8. Sarah and Rachel were really into the princesses then and we had to get an autograph from every one. We had a great time and were so excited to go back. This time Sarah and Rachel and Ben were mostly into riding the rides. But it was all magical to Kate and that was really the best part--watching her. I'm always amazed at those families that say they want to wait and do Disneyworld when their kids are old enough so they don't have to push a stroller--but at that point it is too late--you've missed the magic.

Our first day at Disneyworld we went to Animal Kingdom.





We rode the Safari and saw lots of really cool animals. I was having fun snapping pictures and trying out my new camera, but here are just a couple.

Pride Rock.


The elephants.

Crocs.




This was our favorite ride at Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest. I stood here forever taking pictures of people coming down the hill on this roller coaster trying to catch David and the kids, but I ended up either missing them or deleting it.



The kids loved Dinoland as well.





All day Kate kept asking to get her face painted. So while I was on a ride with the bigger kids, David took her to get her face painted. He sure loves his little girl.


David said she sat perfectly still. She chose to be a princess cat.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh she looks so cute! I kept thinking about getting our kids' faces done but we never did.

I agree with you on the "magic" of Disney. I thought our littler kids were the perfect age! And we too just loved watching them have so much fun!!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Well I'm glad you had an awesome time. I wish I could have gone. Hey, if we would have been with you guys, then maybe they wouldn't have called Mark? heheheh.......

:-D

Allison said...

Geez, are we the only family that doesn't have the time or money to go? I am so jealous! I am glad you had fun. What kind of camera did you get?

Andrea said...

Kate looks so pretty...and kinda scary!