


When we got to the top a storm rolled in, and as we looked down in the canyon, we saw a rainbow below us. It was the first time I had ever seen a rainbow from above. I told the kids we had finally made it "Somewhere, over the rainbow."
I hadn't told my kids much about the hike or the caves, and they were surprised at how hard the hike was. They were good sports, but were glad to stop about 3/4 of the way up for a picnic.

Kate had the best seat in the house--she rode the whole way up on David's shoulders. But once we got to the caves, it was all worth it. They had never seen something like this before and it was so neat to see their delight.



The cave tour was longer than I remembered, and there was so much to see. My pictures aren't so great and definitely don't do it justice. I was told that inside the cave is about 45 degrees all year round. However, it was colder outside the cave than inside when we came out. The storm had come, and we hiked down in the freezing cold rain. We were glad we were going down rather than up.
1 comment:
Those are fun pictures. I haven't been since I was a kid either. I still remember when they told all the kids to cover their eyes then they shown a flashlight on something that made all the adults laugh. I've always wished I hadn't covered my eyes.
Post a Comment