Sunday, May 18, 2008

Soccer

Both Rachel and Benjamin are playing soccer this season. Yesterday was Ben's last day. He has improved a lot and loves to play. I didn't have a lot of success with the action shots, so here he is after his game.




















This is Rachel's first year of soccer (she played in the fall and now again in Spring). It took a lot of courage for her to join a team of girls that has played together since first grade and had a quite a bit of experience. It was a little bit of a rocky start, but she works hard and really hustles and has improved so much. I am so proud of her for her hard work. It has been fun to see her make friends with these girls and become a part of a team.

She has a great coach who is so good with the girls. They hadn't won a game in a while, so he told them before yesterday's game that if they won they could paint his nails. They managed to pull off a 2-0 win, so he kept his promise.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I can't wait to sit on the sidelines of a soccer game! Ben is sooo big! I only remember as a 3-4 year old.