Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pike's Place

 One day when my sister Julie was here we took a trip to Seattle to go to Pike's Place Market. 

Pike's Place Market is always an adventure.  A visit to the fish market to watch them throw fish is a definite must.  I still can't figure out how those fish don't just slide right through their fingers....
This time we also went to see the famous (?) gum wall.  Even though I have been to Pike's Place lots of times, I never heard of the gum wall until a few years ago.  Actually, I think it has only evolved into a touristy location in the last few years.  I heard that they finally just got sick of scraping off everyone's gum, so they decided to let it stay and turn it into a tourist attraction.  Crazy! 

 It really is disgusting.

But we decided we'd do our part to help support the local hot spot. 


 It was a beautiful day in Seattle! 




1 comment:

Tiana said...

Did you get some Chukar's Cherries while you were there?