These days are lives are pretty fall with fall sports. We have weekday practices one night a week for each Kate and Rachel's soccer. Ben's football is three nights a week. Then, every Saturday means a game for all of them. Good thing David is around to help take kids to all the games. It's way too hard to do alone.
Here are pictures of Kate's first soccer game. I am so proud of her for her hard work and improvement. She is learning so many good things--soccer skills, yes--but also things like perserverance and team work and keeping a positive attitude even when you are hot and tired, or cold and tired and sick of playing in the rain. (We've had games in a variety of weather) Plus, she is so darn cute!
I got a picture of her kicking her first goal! Go Kate! That ref almost blocked the photo, but you can still see it, thank goodness!
Rachel is also having a good soccer season thus far. She has improved tremendously since she started back in 2nd grade. It has been so fun to watch her. She started out so shy and reserved that she just stood on the field during her first practice and wouldn't participate at all. But, she gradually warmed up and now she just gets right in there and plays her heart out. This season she started without knowing anyone else on the team, but that hasn't held her back. She is playing in a pretty low-key league, which she likes, since that means she is one of the most experienced and best players on the team. She scored two goals at yesterday's game.
I haven't yet been to one of Ben's football games. The last two regular games have been in other cities, so David has just taken him. His first game was an expedition game on the big field before the big high school rivalry football game here in town. He had to be there really early, so I was planning to come later for the game. But instead of playing at 6:30 when it was originally scheduled, they started playing at 6:00. It was a short game, and it was over by the time I got there at 6:15. Darn! I hate it when I miss stuff like that. Here he is sitting in the stands watching the big boys play. He is starting at split end.
Now that Sarah is in high school, she plays at all the football games as part of the pep band. She allowed me just one picture, but then I had to get back to my seat, lest I embarrass her further.
Football games, soccer, and cool crisp air. It must be fall.









2 comments:
Wow! Everyone is growing up. Great photos of all the action Elaine.
Great photos of all the action with the Harper kids. We miss you!
Post a Comment