Monday, April 5, 2010

Learning to eat

This boy was not much interested in learning to eat. We started him on solid foods as soon as we returned from our trip to Hawaii. He was almost 6 months.

He wanted nothing to do with it.

For a kid who always has his mouth open either smiling, crying, or drooling, it was amazing to see him clamp his lips shut whenever that spoon came near. We had to force it in.

And of course it all came back out. He hated eating.

It took 3 long weeks of trying twice a day, but now he finally has it.

He even likes it.

Especially sweet potatoes, squash, and green beans. He still hates bananas. And anything that I mix with formula--that is a definite no with him. But now he is eating like a champ. All the kids love to feed him and he opens his mouth right up--sometimes even with a smile! Phew! I thought I might be breastfeeding forever!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh he is too cute! I keep forgetting that your blog is private--sorry about the lack of comments from me. But he is just adorable, Elaine!!