Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Teenager

Holy Cow!  I have a teenager!  Happy 13th Birthday Sarah!



David sent her a cool perfume bottle in a box carved with her name in English and Arabic.  She loved it!
I was feeling a little sad this year. 
No requests for doll clothes or barbies or polly pockets. For the first time.  Ever.
Instead, she wanted clothes with names like North Face and Aeropostle.
And begged for a cell phone. 
Sorry. 
Not yet.
But...
I am gaining a friend. 
Sarah's so fun to be around.
She's the creative force in our family.
And lately, a ton of help.
She's smart and a good judge of people.
She's picked good friends and is a good friend.
Love you Sarah!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

what a sweet post! Happy Birthday to Sarah! She is really growing up to be quite the young woman! How cute that she's all grown up and requesting clothes instead of dolls.

twood said...

Wow, I can't believe you have a teenager in the house!

I was lurking on your blog a month or so ago, am back tonight looking for something good to read - thanks for providing it!