Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Break

Over Spring Break we had my sister Julie and her two girls, Kylie and Danielle, come visit us from North Carolina. We had such fun with them here. However, the weather was TERRIBLE! We had the worst weather we have had since we moved here last August. Very cold and rainy. Not just the usual drizzle, but huge downpours for days. The kind of weather that makes you wonder why you live in the Pacific Northwest. Especially since they were missing 80-degree weather in the South. But...despite the weather, we did indoor activities and had a fun time with them anyway. We went shopping, went to the movies, and to the Museum of Glass.

On the one day it didn't rain, we took a trip to Northwest Trek.





We also decorated Easter eggs and had an Easter egg hunt.


Eggs are stuffed and ready to hide. We hide a different color of eggs for each child.


They're off!


We've never really played up the Easter bunny. We always have our Easter egg hunt on Saturday and we just go hide the eggs. We never tried to say the Easter bunny hid them. However, they kids do get a few things on Easter morning in their Easter baskets. A few weeks ago Kate was asking me if the Easter bunny was real. I gave her a few vague answers and asked her what she thought. She said she didn't think it was real and that it was just me and Papa. But she kept asking me over and over wanted me to tell her for sure. She really wanted to know. I've never believed in downright lying about these things to the the kids, so I told her she was right. She immediately got the saddest look on her face, and I felt so awful, like I had squashed all her childhood dreams. So we talked some more and I told her how it was fun to pretend and we all have fun pretending together. She cheered up a bit, and then went off to play. I couldnt' decide if I had done rightor not. Later, on Easter morning after she found her chocolate bunny, she came up to me and smiled and said, "Thank you Easter bunny."

No comments: