Everything has fallen into place to buy a house in Gig Harbor, Washington. We are very excited! It always makes moving much more tolerable when I know I have a great house in which to settle. All the negotiations and paper work have meant many late nights this past week.
*****************************
David and I got to go to the BYU Management Gala Dinner (DC Chapter) on Saturday night. It is a big event here in this area. Last year we had tickets, but our babysitter flaked on us at the last minute, so we were glad to be able to attend this year. President Eyring was the award recipient and featured speaker and he gave a fantastic talk on leadership. He said the key elements of leadership were trust and integrity and gave examples from his time as President of Ricks College during the Teton Dam flood of 1976. It was a fantastic talk! It is always fun to hear church leaders speak in less formal environments as so much more of their personality comes through. David and I had a great time at the dinner with lots of great friends--it was a fun evening out!
****************************
I've decided the number 5 is a good number.
****************************
I read the book "Enchantment" by Orsen Scott Card on our trip to Washington. It was a fun read, and yes, it was fantastic to get on an airplane and read a book and not have to keep the kids entertained. We even watched the inflight movie ("Yes, Man"). I can't even recall the last time I got to do that.
****************************
Soccer season has started up again which means three games every Saturday as well as practices during the week. It makes for very busy weekends. But the kids are loving it and getting lots of fresh air and exercise, so it's all good.
*****************************
I had to buy a new ironing board a couple of weeks ago because the ironing board we had since we got married 14 1/2 years ago finally broke. So I went to Target to get a new one and was amazed at the price spread. There were ironing boards available for $14.99 on up to $75. I sat and looked at these ironing boards for a while trying to figure out what was so fabulous about the $75 ironing board. What made it 5 times as great as the $15 ironing board? I couldn't figure it out. It had a little handy iron holder at the end, but the $25 model did too. And would I really use the little iron rack anyway? The cloth on the cover seemed a little nicer, but it was hard to tell through the plastic. What was so great about it? I finally opted for the $15 model. It was the same as the one we just had that had lasted nearly 15 years, and I decided that was good enough for me. Does anyone have any insight into the reason for huge price difference?
8 comments:
Congratulations on #5!
Are you announcing something with 5 being a good number? Thanks for the update on what you are doing!
WHAT??? $75 for an ironing board? Maybe if you bought it on QVC. Wild! I'm glad everything's worked out for your move. I agree it's MUCH easier when you have a good place to settle into. Much better peace-of-mind.
Congrats on the home. It must be a big relief that it has all worked out. I don't have any answers on the ironing board. I think they are probably just ripping people off... but that is just cheap ole me talking.
5 is a good number? Is that your announcement? Well, congratulations!! (of course, Jeanette told me)
And I recently had to buy an ironing board too and was looking at Target and wondering why they are so expensive. If you ever figure it out, let me know!
I'm glad that all the house hunting worked out! How exciting for you guys! sad for us, but great for you and your family....and $75 for an ironing board? that's nuts...I also would have gone for the $14.99!
Congrats on the house - you'll have to post pictures when you can. We're still working on the same ironing board that we've had for 15 years but I'm sure it will need replacing soon but I know I won't be spending $75 on one - I don't like ironing that much!
You're hillarious. Only you could make an ironing board sound so interesting. Why is 5 a good number? Never mind. I can guess.
Post a Comment