Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring in Full Bloom

I love springtime in Maryland! There are so many colorful blossoms and flowers in bloom. Right now the hyacinths and daffodils are blooming in our yard, and the first tulip opened today. Our cherry blossom tree is also in full bloom. Here are few pictures from our yard:




Today we went on a walk in Kenwood, a nearby neighborhood famous for its cherry blossoms. We had a fun time strolling through the streets lined with beautiful old Japanese cherry trees. They bloom amazingly every year and huge crowds come to see them.






I had trouble getting all four kids to cooperate for a photo. Sarah wouldn't get up in the tree because she was afraid a bee was going to sting her if she got too close to the blossoms. Kate wanted to go swing on a nearby playground and did not want to pose for this picture. So, this was the best I could get. Notice everybody's fake smiles...


I've been feeling a bit nostalgic about this spring since it is our last one here. I know Washington has beautiful rhodadendrens to look forward too, but I will miss the cherry blossoms here.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this post. We just went on a super long walk yesterday through Kenwood. It is our favorite place in the Spring. Damon also loves that little play ground.

Rebecca said...

Those blooms are beautiful! (but I thought this post was going to say something else...)

Liz said...

So beautiful!! Someday I will have to visit there in the Spring. I am jealous, it was so close to being Spring here and then it had to snow again last night and cover all my tulips with a fresh layer of snow. :(

Becca said...

Those are beautiful! I love flowers, and I love how great your camera takes pictures! You have a nack at taking them. How are plans for moving?

Rachelle said...

It's been so cold here that I can hardly believe you are in cherry blossom season already. So beautiful. I miss it.

Unknown said...

So pretty. I'm glad you took pictures of the trees.

Andrea said...

It really is so beautiful there. I see the occasional cherry blossom tree here, but nothing like Bethesda! Enjoy your last Spring :)

Hawkes Nest said...

Ohhh! I miss Maryland springs and Kenwood is truly an amazing place. Spring has been a bit slow here with the cold weather so we're still waiting for the trees to burst with color and the tulips to bloom.