Sunday, April 12, 2009

House Hunting Trip to Washington

David and I just got back from a house hunting trip to Washington state. We are moving there this summer after David finishes his fellowship here in DC. Last Monday we drove down to North Carolina and left the kids with my sister Julie. She was so great to keep the kids all week during spring break so we could go look at houses without having to take all the kids. (Thanks so much Julie!) She took lots of pictures of the fun the kids had all week, so I'll post some of those pictures once I can get them from Julie.

We had three long and exhausting days in Washington spent with our realtor looking at houses. I lost track of how many we even looked at and they all started to run together. The first day was fairly discouraging, as I wasn't really crazy about any of the houses we saw. But on the second and third day, we saw some better prospects. We emailed our realtor with an offer on a house tonight. Hopefully after all the dealing back and forth, we can come to an agreement and the house can be ours.
We met my parents for dinner on the last night we were there. My mom took this picture of David and I in front of the harbor in Gig Harbor. It was a beautiful town!



We flew home on a red-eye on Friday night, picked up the kids in North Carolina on Saturday morning, and drove home, all with only a couple hours of sleep. Crossing three time zones and missing a night sleep has left me dragging today! I'm hoping to catch up on sleep tonight!

5 comments:

Hawkes Nest said...

Sounds like a crazy trip - we've had our fair share of those house hunting trips. I hope you find the perfect home. Keep us posted.

Becca said...

Crazy trip! So, what town is the house in?

Michelle said...

I'm glad your trip went well. I hope that the rest of the house stuff goes smoothly for you guys! What a cute picture of you and Dave! We are going to miss you guys! The Easter pictures are adorable!

Janelle said...

That's so exciting! A trip together without kids AND house hunting, even though that's sometimes stressful and tiring. I hope the offer works out on the house you want!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the house hunting. Keep us posted. We'll be excited to have you in our neck of the woods again. Next time U2 comes to Tacoma we can crash your place again!