Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sarah's 12th birthday

Sarah turned 12 on Friday. Yes, you read that correctly. TWELVE! I can't believe I have a 12-year-old. I know it sounds trite, but I can't believe how fast she has grown up. Especially this last year. I was looking at pictures from last summer and can't believe how much she has changed. She is a completely different kid. So much more grown-up.

She celebrated her birthday with her three closest friends. She didn't want to have a little kid birthday party, and actually struggled for weeks with what to do. We finally decided to go out to dinner and watch a movie. I took Sarah, her three friends, and Rachel out to a restaurant. They had such fun and it was actually difficult to get a picture where they weren't all totally laughing. Afterwards we came back home and the girls painted pillow cases, watched a movie, ate cake, and had a fun slumber party. It was a fun night.
Here's a better view of the cake. Sarah knew just what she wanted, which always makes it difficult for me to try to create something that is in her head and have her not be disappointed. But I think it turned out pretty cute and she was happy with it.Sarah was so excited that the young women leaders from church showed up at our house with balloons and cupcakes for her birthday. She is thrilled to be joining the young women's program and is definitely ready to be done with primary. Today was her first day in young women's and I thought she would be nervous, but she just marched in there no problem. It was ward conference today and so it was combined with the young men and a member of the stake presidency was teaching. She was even confident enough to raise her hand and answer questions in that big crowd. I was so proud of her. Happy Birthday Sarah!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! The YW will love your sweet spirit in there. You will love the YW program!

Michelle said...

happy birthday to your sweet girl! she's so grown up!

Hawkes Nest said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I couldn't believe it when Jordan turned 12 - wasn't he just a baby? But I have to admit, I'm thoroughly enjoying this new phase of his life. He's getting so mature and even starting to like GIRLS!!!! Yikes!