Sunday, September 7, 2014

Lake Chelan

We spent the last week of summer vacation at Lake Chelan.  It was relaxing and beautiful and dreamy--everything that summer vacation should be!



This was the view of the beach and the lake from our condo.  

Here's the condo we stayed in.  It was fabulous!

Each day, David, Ben and I would wake up, put on our swimming suits and go for an early morning waterski run around the lake.  After we had each had a turn, we would come back for breakfast and get the rest of the family for another turn out on the lake.  In the afternoons, the water was choppier, so we spent the time swimming and playing in the lake.


The kids loved jumping off this floating dock.  






Another favorite game was searching for interesting items with the snorkel gear.  I sat on the floating dock as the judge (and relaxing in the sun!).  The kids each had a couple of minutes to go in search of the coolest thing they could find, then they brought it back to me to decide.  We played for hours.


Once I suggested it might be time to change activities--either go to the pool, or go inside for a bit.  Rachel said, "Why?  This place is like...paradise."

Everyone was pretty happy all day long.

 When the lake was smooth we were out on the boat.



 Kate's goal was to learn to waterski.  She worked hard at it, and eventually got up.
 David helped her in the water while I drove the boat.

Sometimes the evening water was the best and we would squeeze in one more trip out on the water.  Ben accomplished his goal of learning to get up on one ski!

My goal?  Learn to drop a ski.  I worked hard, and had some of the worst wipe outs of my life.  I got very discouraged and wanted to give up.  But I kept trying and eventually, I DID IT!

Sometimes Sarah was busy doing AP homework...




So the the rest of us ate otter pops, 




relaxed and enjoyed the view, 
and hung out by the pool.  



 It was a fabulous vacation!


No comments: