Tuesday, September 16, 2014

First Day of School 2014

As inevitably happens, summer came to an end.  I was sad to send these kids off to school again.  But, I'm always excited for them and the new experiences they will have.

As usual, I snapped a quick photo of each of the kids as they left on the first day.  Sarah wore her Europe dress.

Sarah - Senior

Rachel - Sophomore

Ben - 7th grade

Kate - 4th grade


William - Kindergarten
I got William settled into his  class.  He seemed a bit overwhelmed, but has adjusted well.
And, so there it is.  A new era in my life is beginning.  For the first time in 17 years, I have a few hours in the day when I get to decide how to spend my time.  No preschool pick-ups, no nap times, no entertaining toddlers, and feeding babies.  But don't worry, I have plenty to do!  I've increased my work hours to 12 hours a week.  I'm volunteering at school.  Grocery shopping, laundry, house cleaning, and more house cleaning.  Four and a half hours a day just isn't nearly enough!  

No comments: