Today was a good day. Nothing too extraordinary, but just a great day. We have switched to afternoon church, which allowed us to sleep in and take it easy this morning. William and Ben came into my bed, thankfully not too early. I snuggled in bed with both my boys and told them a "Buzzy, Muzzy, Wuzzy" story like my dad used to tell. William, who never got to hear Grandpa tell his stories, was mesmerized. He loved hearing how the silly bees zipped off their wings to get on an airplane. He loved how the bees tricked the horseflies so they could get the special nectar for the queen bee. I loved it too. I loved the snuggling and the the story and the unhurriedness of it all. I loved remembering my dad, even if it did make my heart ache.
I had a meeting this morning for young women's with a great group of women that I get to work with.
Then church was great. Fasting was great. I love how fasting makes me more at peace with myself and my children and more aware of what God wants for me in my life. Then we came home and ate good food and sat and watched the Super Bowl together. We laughed and had a good time. I didn't referee any disagreements. Everyone got along. Tonight we read scriptures, then I read books with William and read two chapters in The Candy Shop Wars to Kate and Ben.
I felt so happy today and grateful for the life I have. Mostly, I want to write it down so I can remember, even on the rough days, that life is good. I love my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment