We decided to take the three youngest kids skiing on Martin Luther King Day. Sarah and Rachel both had homework and other commitments and wanted the day to stay home, relax, and get things done. So we left them home. Neither Kate nor William had ever skied before, so we got up super early, drove up to the mountain and checked them both in for a morning of lessons. David, Ben and I skied all morning with picture perfect blue skies and practically balmy weather. It was a lot of fun.
At the end of the morning, we picked up Kate and William from ski school, had lunch, then hit the slopes again all afternoon. Kate did awesome for her first day of skiing. She really picked it up fast. We met up with some friends, and Kate had a great time skiing with her friend all afternoon. Mostly I just followed them around and tried to keep up. Ben took off and skied with a friend as well.
David took William and helped him ski for a few hours. I didn't get any pictures because I wasn't with them. Skiing with kids is definitely a divide and conquer kind of a day. After a full morning of ski school and a couple hours skiing down the bunny hill, he was all tired out. David took him to the lodge for a while, and then I traded him so he could get in some more skiing. William and I had fun in the lodge together while everyone else skied until the lifts closed.






No comments:
Post a Comment