Grandma Hales came on Wednesday morning. We both spent most of that day cooking and getting ready for the big day.
Grandma and Grandpa Harper arrived Thursday morning. We are so glad they drove such a long ways to be with us. We were so spoiled to be able to spend the day with both grandparents.
David was in charge of the turkey again. His new secret is brining it. The turkey turned out amazing! Beautiful and juicy.
I love that we could all gather around our big table. It was so wonderful to be together!
and playing a big game of monopoly. William liked driving the little car marker around, but eventually got in the way of the game and had to come hang out with me.
Happy Thanksgiving!
I am so thankful for my beautiful family, wonderful friends, a home to keep me safe from the storms, electricity (our power went out Wednesday morning for a few hours--there is nothing like a power outage to remind me how grateful I am for electricity), cars that work, cell phones and the internet for keeping in touch with friends and family, the freedoms we have in our country, the scriptures, prophets to guide us, and most of all, my Savior, Jesus Christ.
I am so very blessed.





No comments:
Post a Comment