For Kate's 8th birthday, we had a baking party. Kate loves parties, so we started planning several months ago. After tossing around several ideas, we finally settled on a baking theme. And then, I started sewing aprons. I made seven of the pink polka dot aprons (one girl didn't end up coming),
and one more masculine one for our sweet neighbor boy that Kate plays with constantly. (This one I just sewed a pocket on a premade canvas apron.)
Our inspiration came from the fun pink polka dot napkins we found several months before. I originally bought them for a baby shower I hosted, but then ended up using other plates and napkins instead. Kate loved them, so we found fabric to match. Rachel helped decorate for the party and made everything look fabulous.
Next, they colored placemats. During the party Sarah covered them with clear contact paper.
Next the kids made individual pizzas. I forgot to take any pictures of the pizza making because I was right in the thick of it--rolling out the dough, helping the kids with toppings, and baking them. We had both ovens going in full force.
While the pizzas were baking, we played some fun games. We played the cotton ball game where the person who is blindfolded tries to move cotton balls from one bowl to another. It is fun to play, but even more fun to watch!
The second game was a race to transfer ten M&Ms from a plate to a glass--with only the use of a straw. We had several rounds and the kids were super fast. The kids also played the chocolate bar game. Ben joined in on that one, but was too intense for these girls, so we had to have him step out of the game (Luckily, David had bought two giant candy bars, so we played it again as our family later that night so Ben could have his turn). The chocolate bar game is played by taking turns rolling dice. As soon as someone rolls doubles, they start trying to eat a giant chocolate bar, which has been wrapped in newspaper. They put on oven mitts, and can only use a knife and fork. They can continue until the next set of doubles is rolled and then they pass the tray with the candy bar, oven mitts, knife and fork to the person who rolled doubles and that person starts eating away the best they can. It was a pretty crazy game!
After the kids ate pizzas, they decorated little heart cakes. We wrapped them up cute to take home.
I got these sweet kids to pose for some pictures. I thought they looked great in their aprons and hats!
Next was present time. I love how they all gathered around Kate while she was reading this fun card.
The party ended with cake.
It was a fun party. I was glad a had a crew of big helpers--otherwise, I never would have been able to pull it off!






1 comment:
What a cute party! I have got to start taking notes so Pres can have a cute party this year!
Post a Comment