I took these photos of my garden a couple of weeks ago. I love it when the plants first start growing. Everything looks so neat and tidy. Even now, the peas are much bigger and spilling over onto the beets. But I love to capture it in this lovely neat stage.
Last year we planted some potatoes, but they did not do well. This year, David got two yards of good fish compost and filled our garden. We planted a different variety of potatoes. And...our potatoes have taken off! They are growing like crazy.
 |
| Potatoes |
 |
| Lettuce, peas, beets, and onions |
David built me a new box for strawberries this year since they were taking over the garden. We've been enjoying the fresh berries.
 |
| Our garden space |
 |
| Tomatoes |
I love these stepping stones lined with flowers that go through the garden to the play area.
 |
| Another shot of the amazing potato plants |
 |
| My little helper |
We actually have some apples on our tree this year. Lots and lots of apples. It is so exciting! We planted the fruit trees the first year we were here and we've been anxiously waiting for them to produce
 |
| Apple Tree - Year 3 |
 |
| Plum Tree - Year 3 |
We have just a few plums,
but not a single pear. Maybe next year.
 |
| Pear Tree - Year 3 |
The raspberries are looking good. I'm hoping for lots of berries this year.
They are on their way.
I love fresh fruits and vegetables from the garden. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment