Monday, August 1, 2011

Silverwood

Summer vacation time--here at last.  We took off last weekend for our big trip to Idaho and Utah.  We took a different route this time and stopped for a day at Silverwood Theme Park in northern Idaho.  I think a day or two at the fair or theme park riding rides is a must at least once every summer.  It is part of what makes summer feel like summer.  It was a fun day.

Here are some of my favorite pictures...

William and Kate riding the helicopters,  William asked for the helicopters for the rest of the day--he loved it.
Here's the view of the park I took from the ferris wheel (remind me not to ride the ferris wheel again--it takes much too long to load on and off--it just isn't worth the ride).
It was pretty hot, so getting a little (I mean A LOT) wet on this ride seemed like a good idea.  Of course, after we were soaked, the sun went behind the clouds and it cooled off, and some of us never really dried out. 
 Some of the classics were the kids' favorites.
 William wasn't so sure about the carousel.  He started out like this,
 but ended up like this.
 This was Kate's favorite ride.
 And this was one of Sarah's.
 We had to go back for more.
 and more!
David and I got to ride some super fun go-upside-down-and-get-thrown-in-every-direction roller coasters (I love it that the kids are big enough to wait by themselves for a bit, but keep hoping that one of them will actually ride the big rides with us) but I didn't get any pictures of those.  We ate yummy huckleberry shakes and waited in lots of lines.  We also ventured over to the water park for a while, but by then the weather had turned and everyone was kind of cold, so we didn't stay too long.  It was a great day.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

So fun! You are right. Theme parks are what makes summer feel like summer. Those days are some of my best memories from growing up.

Suzanne said...

So fun! You are right. Theme parks are part of what makes summer feel like summer. Those days are some of my best memories from growing up.

Unknown said...

Huckleberry shakes!? Where is this place?