Sunday, March 20, 2011

The best laundry room ever

I now have the best laundry room ever.  Hands down.  It's perfect. Totally functional and pretty too. 
I love it.
I must admit, the laundry room was one of the things I loved about this house when we were house hunting.  It has cool flooring, interesting tile work around the sink, nice cabinets, and a skylight, giving lots of natural light.  But David has added some cool additions that make this room even better. 


We found this great drying rack at IKEA that he installed over the sink.  It adjusts to 4 different angles.  I can hang dirty dishcloths and towels over the sink to dry before I put them in the laundry.  I can put the rack all the way up and dry my sweaters.  Dirty baby clothes now get washed out in the sink and have a place to dry.  Love it!
He also added this shelf and rod.  Now I can hang clothes directly from the dryer.  I thought about moving all the shirts I needed to iron before I took this picture, but I think William's little shirts on the rack looked so cute.  It is fun to see William's, Ben's and David's shirts all there together. 
David also added these wire drawers in an open space under the counter.  We use these to sort our clothes--the kids put all their dirty clothes right in these drawers, and when they are full, I put in a load of laundry.  Easy as pie.  Love it.  Thanks to David for making this the best laundry room ever!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

I'm so happy for you! Our next house will look like this. I hope.

Jenn Hansen said...

That is a wonderful laundry room. I would love something like that maybe in our next house.

Michelle said...

simply said...I AM JEALOUS.

Cathryn said...

It's such a blessing to have a "handy" husband!