6:45 a.m. got up, fed the baby while I read scriptures.
Hurry to wake up Sarah 5 minutes late because the baby was still eating.
Make breakfast and lunch for Sarah; get her out the door
Wake up Rachel, Ben and Kate
Make breakfast for rest of family. Put Halloween sprinkles in their oatmeal to get them to eat it. Make lunches while everyone else eats. Make homemade granola for breakfast tomorrow. Eat Ben and Kate's leftover oatmeal and one leftover pancake for breakfast
Tie shoes, find jackets, put lunches in backpacks
Send Rachel and Ben to the bus stop
Stir granola in the oven
Take quick shower
Take granola out of oven
Watch webcast for work. During webcast I also feed William and play pegs with Kate
Read books with Kate
Have conference call, during which I fold laundry, iron, and sweep the stairs
Make lunch for Kate
Feed William, grab leftovers for lunch
Leave for picture appointment for William. Arrive 5 minutes late, but still wait for 15 minutes. Have mediocre pictures done at a place in the mall because I could never decide on a real photographer and this kid is growing up way too fast.
Sit at mall play place so Kate could play.
Finally leave mall and stop at nearby furniture store. Go into the store with a hungry baby and no pacifier. I told the salesman that I had about 3 minutes and I wanted to see large dining room sets that seat at least 10. Nothing like a fussy baby to expedite things.
Feed William in the car, trying to make him hurry...yeah right.
Arrive home 3 minutes after the bus
Take Sarah to piano
Arrive home and miss Rachel and Ben's bus since piano teacher was running behind
Clean up bathroom because one child didn't quite make it
Deliver Ben and Kate to playdate
Pick up Sarah from piano
Help Sarah with homework
Get Rachel ready for soccer
Say brief hello to David as he arrives just in time to take Rachel to soccer
Start making dinner. Stop making dinner to feed baby. Finish making dinner
Phone calls, talk to friend who dropped off Ben & Kate.
Eat dinner--finally
Encourage kids to do their jobs again and again (but not so nicely anymore)
Listen to Ben do his piano from the other room
Quick trip to Target
Bedtime, baths, scriptures, prayers, to bed to bed and out again.
Gather up library books for tomorrow
Fill out school picture order forms and look for checkbook
Hope that William will eventually go to sleep....
9 comments:
Elaine, I admire you so much! How do you do it all? I only have two kids and I am not nearly as productive as you. You are an amazing mother and have such a beautiful family! love all your great posts.
Wow, you do all of that!?! You are an amazing woman and I feel like my schedule is busy. You are such a good mom to your kids, and I know that they love you!
After reading that I feel like the laziest person ever! You are amazing Elaine!
Whew I'm tired just reading that! You go Super mom!! Keep up the good work :) You are very inspiring!
That was so fun. I thought life was crazy with my 3.... it looks like I've got it super easy. Thanks for making me smile today.
*gulp*
Uh--I don't do half of that and I'm exhausted!
holy crap, that's all i have to say.
Your To Do list is aspiring. I will have to work on mine. I hope you slept well that night.
That was the most exhausting blog post I have ever read. You amaze me and wish you still lived around the corner so I could learn how to multi-task from you and so I could take a kid or two off your hands once in awhile. Sigh.
Post a Comment