
On Ben's birthday, we celebrated as a family. We played silly games like moving cottonballs from one bowl to another with a spoon while blindfolded and using a straw to move candy hearts from one plate to another. The kids got out of school early that day for some teacher workshop, so we had a fun afternoon together.

His favorite present was a pitching net (set up back by the old shed in case he missed the net). He spent hours outside throwing and catching (until we had a big snowstorm the next day). It was so fun to see him get better and better.

The next day Ben had a birthday party with his friends. He had a race car birthday party. Really, he wanted to a have a Wii Mario Kart birthday party (have I mentioned how obsessed Ben is with the Wii?), but I convinced him to broaden the scope somewhat so we could do more besides play the Wii. He only wanted to invite 3 friends (only 4 can play Mario Kart at one time) so it was a nice manageable group.

First, the boys painted wooden race cars.
Then we had lunch. I thought these hot dog race cars turned out cute, but I don't think the boys were all that impressed.
Next, the boys each got a car (4 exactly the same so it would be fair) to race. They had a great time racing their cars over and over!

Finally, the boys got to play Mario Kart. Such fun!

We wrapped up with cake and presents. And a sigh of relief from me that this party was done!
2 comments:
That's okay, Elaine, I'm impressed with the hot dogs. I alos like how there isn't one girl in any of the pictures. Something that probably is important to an only boy.
Happy Birthday Ben! Glad it was a fun, low-key birthday!
Post a Comment