Yesterday Sarah lost another tooth. A molar. She was with eating lunch with a friend when it happened, and told me about it later. Before bed, she told me she was putting her tooth under her pillow along with her traditional note, asking if she could keep her tooth. (For some reason all of my children are very attached to their teeth, and want to save them all). It sort of went in one ear and out the other. And then I never thought about it again. David was out of town (he got home from Utah today after going to that amazing BYU/UCLA 59-0 game), so I stayed up watching the football game, ironing clothes for church and mopping the floor.
This morning Sarah came downstairs and showed me four quarters (the traditional amount my kids have been getting from the tooth fairy). "Here's the money the tooth fairy brought me," she told me. All of a sudden I had a pit in my stomach. I had totally spaced the tooth fairy role. "The tooth fairy brought you that?" I kind of sputtered out. She answered in the afirmative, "Yep!" I gave her a hug and whispered, "Thanks for helping me out. Sometimes the tooth fairy forgets." She whispered back, "I know. With papa gone, I knew there was only one of you, so I just thought I would help." It totally cracked me up! It's terrible that I am so forgetful that my kids have to be the tooth fairy to themselves.
5 comments:
That is so cute. What a sweetheart! You just keep training her, and in a couple of years she can come live with me and be my permanent babysitter!
That's so funny. Thanks for letting us borrow David for the game. We had a blast!
Oh goodness!! What a great kid!!
So sweet! She's a mother hen to her siblings, what a gift!
So hilarious. I am laughing out loud at your chocolate cake story and then the tooth fairy story was perfect. What a funny life you lead. I can just see you giggling while the officer is questioning you. Oh I wish I could have been there to see it live.
Post a Comment