
I feel like I haven't had a lot to post about lately. My life has settled into the nice but busy routine of school, preschool, homework, piano, soccer, soccer and more soccer. Rachel and Benjamin played soccer last year and were excited for another season to begin. Sarah, however, has not played soccer since Kindergarten, when she had a bad experience and got trampled once in a game. But last weekend, she went along with a friend to her soccer game. Sarah ended up knowing most of the girls on the team, and as they were short players, they were begging her to join the team. So the combination of a little positive peer pressure, new contacts (she's always been afraid the ball would hit her in the face with her glasses), the excitement of a uniform, and some new found confidence, Sarah started soccer again this week. With practices two times a week and a game on Saturday, this has really added to our already busy schedule. We now have three games to go to on Saturday, which works fine unless they overlap, which they usually do. But, all the kids are having a great time, are outside enjoying the nice fall weather, and getting lots of exercise, so I definitely think it is a good thing. I went to all three games yesterday, so it pretty much took up most of my Saturday. But they all played great and I loved seeing them give it their hardest.
4 comments:
How fun! Parker is in soccer, and he enjoys it. Where did you get those shorts? I need to go get some for Parker.
SWEET!
I think it's cool. You guys could have a family soccer night now - since it seems like you're all geared up for it.
That's a great picture of them all in their uniforms! Sounds fun but busy...you're very brave!
oh Elaine, we are barely going to miss you at Disney. We will be there Sept 29-Oct 3.
Post a Comment